Ott is a Specialist Counsel at COBALT Estonia and advises clients mainly on matters regarding IT and other technology related fields. He has also advised clients on mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and other general corporate law related questions. Ott has been involved in several M&A projects, advising clients on share and asset deals, strategic and financial investments. Ott has advised both sellers and buyers across all transaction stages from auction, legal due diligence and drafting transaction documentation to conducting a deal and advice on post-closing issues. Ott has also advised several start-ups on shareholders’ relations, motivation packages and other matters.
Among others, Ott has longstanding experience in transactions of IT related businesses.Additionally, Ott advises on complex corporate law issues, which include complicated reorganisations regarding shareholder’s exit and setting up multijurisdictional corporate structures. Ott is a valued team member, has excellent project management skills and understanding of successful teamwork. He has led several long-term legal projects, including complicated cross-border projects involving teams from several jurisdictions.
- M&A – Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2017
- Commercial, corporate and M&A – Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2019
- M&A – Notable practitioner, IFLR1000 2019
- Commercial, corporate and M&A – Rising Star, Legal 500 2020
- Estonian, English
- Образование и членство
- Master of Arts in Law, Tartu University, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2011)
- Erasmus exchange student, University of Helsinki, Finland (2009)
- Member of Estonian Bar Association (2011)