Dr. Rimantas Simaitis
Dr Rimantas Simaitis is Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution Department, having over 19 years of experience in this field. His areas of expertise include litigation, alternative dispute resolution (negotiation, arbitration, mediation), penal law and procedure, energy law, and transport law. Dr Simaitis holds a Doctor’s degree of Social Sciences (Law) from Vilnius University, Lithuania. He is an Associated Professor at Vilnius University faculty of Law, recommended arbitrator at Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration and has been designated to the ICSID Panel of Conciliators by the Lithuanian Government. He has been, and remains, an active member and/or head of various working groups formed by the Ministry of Justice, the Judicial Council and the Parliament of Lithuania, and the Council of Europe.
- Dispute Resolution - Band 2, Chambers, 2020
- Dispute resolution - Next generation partners, Legal500, 2020
- "Dispute resolution head Rimantas Simaitis is a well-respected litigator. "He is a specialist in the court process, he charms the court and clients," a source says. He is highly regarded for his academic credentials and also acts as arbitrator." (Chambers Europe 2016, Dispute Resolution)
- Lithuanian, English, Russian
- Образование и членство
- 2006 Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, PhD
- 2000 Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Master's degree in Law
- On-line mediator of the Chamber of Arbitration Milan (RisolviOnline).
- Since 2008 Member of the Board and the Council of the Alumni Society of the Faculty of Law of Vilnius University, Chairman of the Board (2003-2008)
- Since 2006 Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association
- Since 2006 Recommended arbitrator of Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration