Peeter Kutman, a Partner at COBALT, heads the mergers and acquisitions team. He has more than 20 years’ experience representing clients in M&A transactions and private equity/venture capital investments. In addition to counselling in commercial law matters, Peeter has extensive experience in shareholder agreements, as well as in transactions in the field of information technology and in drafting specific service contracts.
Among others, Peeter has advised DNB Pank on combining its business activities with Nordea Bank in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, IT company Santa Monica Networks on sale of its business to Elisa, Finnish provider of defence, security and aviation life-cycle support services and technology solutions Patria OYJ on acquiring a majority of the largest defence maintenance contractor in Estonia Milrem LDM OÜ, and Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain in Estonia to Euroapotheca.
Peeter’s latest experience also includes advising BaltCap, the largest buy-out, growth capital and private equity infrastructure investor in the Baltic States, on the sale of the shares of Magnetic MRO to Guangzhou Hangxin Aviation Technology, MyInvest Estonia OÜ on selling the hardware store chain Bauhof to Lithuanian hardware store chain Ermitažas, a subsidiary of Vilniaus Prekyba Group, and Alexela on acquisition of Euro Oil’s 24 petrol stations.
Peeter has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 1996 and was a member of the Commercial Law Committee of the Bar Association from 2013 to 2016. He is a member of the Board of the Estonian Bar Association since 2019.
- Corporate and M&A – Chambers & Partners 2016
- Corporate and M&A – Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 2016
- Corporate and M&A – Leading Individual, Legal500 2016
- M&A – Leading Individual, Legal500 2017
- Financial and Corporate – Highly Regarded, IFLR1000 2018
- Corporate/Commercial – Ranked Lawyer, Chambers & Partners 2019
- Commercial, corporate and M&A – Leading Individual, Legal 500 2019
- M&A – Highly Regarded, IFLR1000 2019
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Izglītība un dalība organizācijās
- Master of Arts in Law (MA), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1995)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College of London University, UKCELS Programme, England (1995)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 1996)
- COBALT konsultē BaltCap Fitek pārdošanas darījumā
- COBALT sniedza juridisko atbalstu A-Katsastus grupas uzņēmumu pārdošanas darījumā
- COBALT pārstāv MTG Baltijas uzņēmumu pārdošanas darījumā
- COBALT konsultē DNB Luminor bankas izveidē – līdz šim lielākajā banku apvienošanās darījumā Baltijas valstu vēsturē
- COBALT pārstāv Santa Monica Networks Baltijas un Somijas uzņēmumu pārdošanas darījumā
- COBALT pārstāv DNB darbības apvienošanā ar Nordea Baltijas valstīs
- COBALT konsultē BaltCap OpusCapita Baltijas uzņēmumu iegādes darījumā