Vaidas Mackonis is a Partner and Head of the Transport law practice group at COBALT Lithuania. Vaidas has a longstanding track record in the transport sector and representative experience in real estate and construction, environmental and infrastructure and dispute resolution areas. Among his key areas of practice is a comprehensive understanding of how the aviation, rail and shipping industries operate on a local and global scale. Vaidas’ experience includes representing international and domestic companies in one of the most complex transport and infrastructure projects in the Baltic region.
- "Practice head Vaidas Mackonis represented Kuehne + Nagel in cargo damage and unpaid debt claims. Lithuanian Railways is another client, as is the Lithuanian National Road Carriers Association." (Legal 500, 2019)
- Lithuanian, English, Russian, Polish
- Education & membership
- 2001 Master's degree in Law, LL.M, Vilnius University
- 1993 Master's degree in Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, Vilnius University
- Since 2003 Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association
- Board of the Lithuanian Real Estate Agencies Association