Head of Tax Advisory, Specialist Counsel
Sabīne Vuškāne is one of the leading tax advisors in Latvia. She has more than 17 years of experience in tax planning and evaluating tax risks in Latvian and cross-border transactions and supply chains, especially in VAT matters, for a client base including the region’s largest companies and high net worth individuals. Sabine assists in tax planning, audits, reviews and transactional matters.
Prior to joining COBALT Sabīne worked for one of the largest legal offices in Latvia, a professional services firm and at the Ministry of Finance.
Sabīne has been actively involved in the development of the Latvian tax system and has drafted several major amendments to the tax laws. Along with being a frequent speaker on taxation in Latvia, she is co-author of the Latvian Tax Handbook and has authored a VAT handbook for Latvia and various publications for IBFD on VAT matters.
- Women in Tax - Highly Regarded, World Tax 2020
- Latvian, English, Russian, French, German
- Education & membership
- Master of Economics, Riga Technical University (2001)
- Bachelor of Management Sciences, Riga Technical University (1997)
- Member, Latvian Association of Tax Advisors (since 2004)