Dr Lina Aleknaitė-van der Molen
Dr. Lina Aleknaitė-van der Molen is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance Practice Group of the law firm. Lina specialises in the fields of banking, finance, financial services and capital markets regulation. She advises clients on issue of shares and bonds, distribution of securities and application of KYC requirements. She is also working with financial institution regulatory issues, such as capital adequacy requirements, deposit insurance, establishment and functioning of UCITS and alternative investment funds. Before joining COBALT Lina was working for 9 years in Banking and Finance Group of another international law firm.
Before starting private practice Lina acquired her PhD degree from Central European University, Budapest, where she defended her doctoral thesis on the topic: The Prospects of Asset Securitization in Lithuania in the Light of Experiences in the USA and Europe. Lina was teaching banking law and finance law at Kazimieras Simonavičius university. She also taught commercial law at Vilnius Gediminas technical university.
- Lithuanian, English, French, Russian, Dutch
- Education & membership
- 2009 Central European University, PhD in law (summa cum laude)
- 2004 T.M.C. Asser Instituut, the Hague, the Netherlands postgraduate course in International Trade and Business Law
- 2004 Central European University, LL.M in International Business Law
- 2003 Vilnius University, Faculty of Law Master‘s in Law degree
- Since 2012 member of the Lithuanian Bar Association