Lembit Tedder is a Senior Associate at COBALT. He has a bachelor's and master's degree in law from the University of Tartu, and he has worked in our office since 2011. He has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2014.
Lembit is specialised in litigations in the field of economic crimes, representing the clients in criminal disputes, misdemeanour disputes as well as in the related civil disputes (incl. bankruptcy proceedings).
In criminal matters, Lembit has represented and advised clients both as victims and as suspects. He has extensive experience in matters concerning money laundering, embezzlement, breach of trust, unauthorized use of trade secrets and so-called cartel cases, as well as in related internal investigations.
In civil matters, Lembit is focused on complex business disputes, being able to see various alternative solutions to achieve the desired goals of the client based on his versatile and long-term practice.
- Estonian, English, German, Russian
- Education & membership
- 2013 Master of Arts in Law (MA), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 2012 Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 2014 Estonian Bar Association
- 2014 Estonian Young Lawyersʾ Association
- 2014 The European Law Studentsʾ Association (alumnus)
- 2013 The European Law Studentsʾ Association
- Supreme Court of Estonia clarifies parties' right to seek review of court decisions enforcing arbitral awards
- Who is obligated to pay the brokerage fee?
- Supreme Court of Estonia limits parties' right of action for setting aside arbitral awards
- Consequences of failure to rely on arbitration agreement within time limit
- COBALT successfully represented an international steel production company in a criminal and related civil case
- COBALT successfully represented an international retail company in a criminal and civil case involving fraud and attempted money laundering
- COBALT successfully represented an international retail company in a criminal case
- COBALT advised EIB on giving EUR 50 million venture debt facility to Bolt
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling a major part of its business to Consolis
- COBALT advised European Investment Bank on EUR 12 million loan to Elcogen
- COBALT represented Lennuabi in a dispute with Smartlynx
- COBALT advised AS Gildhall on sale of Marienthal commercial centre in Tallinn
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advises Nordea and DNB banks on issues concerning insolvent dairy producer Tere
- COBALT successfully represented AB bankas SNORAS (bankrupt), which resulted in the Estonian Supreme Court making an important new decision concerning bankruptcy law