Kadri Michelson is a Senior Associate who is mainly specialised in dispute resolution. She represents clients in civil and administrative proceedings and has over ten years of experience in leading law firms in the field. Kadri has successfully represented distinguished clients in the fields of contract law, non-contractual law, property law and administrative procedure both in extrajudicial negotiations as well as in court proceedings.
Kadri has specialised on, among other things, various administrative disputes related to state subsidies and disputes related to the publication of incorrect data and values. She also has vast experience in the field of joint property division, representing clients in large and legally complex property division disputes. In addition, she is a well-known expert in high-level labour disputes, including cases involving breaches of confidentiality and non-compete obligations. Clients highly value her concreteness and punctuality with respect to representation in court proceedings.
Kadri has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2009. She is a member of the Professional Suitability Assessment Committee of the Estonian Bar Association and, since the beginning of 2020, also a member of the Estonian Press Council.
- Dispute Resolution – New Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2017
- Dispute Resolution – Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2019
- Dispute Resolution – Rising Star, Legal 500 2020
- Estonian, English, German
- Education & membership
- 2008 Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 2020 Member of the Estonian Press Council
- 2015 Professional Suitability Assessment Committee, Estonian Bar Association
- 2009 Estonian Bar Association
- 2009 Estonian Association of Young Attorneys
- COBALT represents a client in a dispute over a breach of the business secret
- COBALT successfully represented its client in a dispute against Police and Border Guard Board
- COBALT represents a client in a dispute with the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board
- COBALT represents AS RAGN-SELLS against Seesam Insurance
- COBALT successfully represented an Estonian private school in an appeal addressed to the Language Inspectorate
- COBALT is representing Ladee Pharma UAB in three extensive patent disputes between pharmaceutical companies which are groundbreaking for Estonian judicial practice
- COBALT successfully represented AB bankas SNORAS (bankrupt), which resulted in the Estonian Supreme Court making an important new decision concerning bankruptcy law