Senior Associate Kadri Matteus is the head of public procurement practice at COBALT. She is one of the most well-known public procurement lawyers in Estonia, advising clients in various public procurement matters. Kadri has conducted numerous public procurements and advised companies in participation in public procurements. Kadri has also extensive knowledge and experience in administrative disputes, being one of the main specialists of the law office in administrative disputes.
Kadri is also a highly valued speaker (training provider and lecturer) in the field of public procurement law and she is one of the authors of the commented edition of the Estonian Public Procurement Law. Kadri maintains also the public procurement blog Riigihankeblogi and the public procurement podcast Etapiviisiline Elu.
Kadri has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2014 and a member of the Administrative Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association since 2020.
She has attended summer schools on intellectual property in the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and the University of Bonn.
- Estonian, English
- Education & membership
- 2014 Summer School on Intellectual Property, University of Bonn, Germany
- 2013 Master of Arts degree in law, University of Tartu, Estonia,
- 2012 WIPO Academy Summer School, Croatia
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts degree in law, University of Tartu, Estonia
- 2014 Estonian Bar Association
- ELSA Estonia Alumni
- Member of the Administrative Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2020)
- COBALT is advising Utilitas on acquisition of shareholding in AS Tallinna Vesi
- COBALT successfully represented the marketing communications agency HAVAS in a public procurement dispute
- COBALT successfully represented an international custom software development company Helmes in a public procurement dispute
- COBALT successfully represented its clients in a dispute with Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate regarding settlement of a complaint lodged under the GDPR
- COBALT advises KredEx on conducting a public procurement
- COBALT advised Ragn-Sells on a public procurement dispute
- COBALT advised and represented Nuctech Warsaw Company Limited Sp. z o.o. in a public procurement
- COBALT represented the European Commission in major state aid cases in Estonian courts and Court of Justice
- COBALT successfully represented an Estonian private school in an appeal addressed to the Language Inspectorate
- COBALT carried out training for verifying the compliance of providing structural support for public procurement
- COBALT compiled at KredEx’s request the instructional materials regarding the general principles of public procurement
- COBALT advised Tallinna Linnatranspordi AS on launching new bus routes
- COBALT advises AS RAGN-SELLS on OSA project
- COBALT advises BaltCap Growth Fund on investing in Pihlakodu chain
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advises HHLA on acquiring Estonia’s biggest terminal operator Transiidikeskuse AS
- COBALT assisted Rakuten, Inc in the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Fits.me Holdings Limited