Jānis supports the Litigation and Dispute Resolution as well as EU and Competition practice groups. He has extensive knowledge of public law, administrative law, proceedings in the administrative court and pharmaceutical legislation and regulations. Prior to joining COBALT Jānis worked with other law firms in Latvia.
He is a recipient of the prestigious Fulbright scholarship to study dispute resolution at the Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute in the USA.
Jānis has participated in various national and international moot court competitions. He was the winner of the 2014 ELSA Professor K.Dislers Constitutional Moot Court.
- Latvian, English
- Education & membership
- LL.M. Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Malibu, USA (2018)
- Master of Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2016)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2014)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2017)
- Fulbright Association (since 2017)
- President, Latvian Moot Association (since 2018)