Aleksander Tsuiman is a Specialist Counsel at COBALT Estonia specialising on data protection and information technology. Aleksander advises clients on matters ranging from data protection to other IT and technology-related fields, including trademarks, patents and domain names. Aleksander's current focus is mainly directed towards various data protection compliance projects.
Aleksander is also an avid lecturer and speaker at various trainings and events related to data protection and information technology law.
Among others, Aleksander’s competence has contributed to the successful conclusion of several transactions, including venture capital investments, for example, the investment of Rubylight in the language exchange application Tandem, the investment of Change Ventures in the fintech startup askRobin, the sale of the Nordic Cinema Group, the sale of the IT company Affecto Estonia, and combining the business activities of DNB Bank with Nordea Bank.
Aleksander has been a Member of the Board of the Estonian Moot Court Society and, since 2016, he is a member of the Estonian Bar Association and the Estonian Young Lawyers’ Association. He has participated in the Tallinn Manual 2.0 project spearheaded by the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence. Before joining COBALT Estonia, Aleksander worked for CGI Eesti AS, one of the biggest IT companies in Estonia.
Master of Arts in Information Technology Law (MA), cum laude, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2020)
- Estonian, English
- Education & membership
- Master of Arts in IT Law (MA), cum laude, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2020)
- Master of Arts in Law (MA), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2016)
- Exchange student, University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Austria (2016)
- Member of Estonian Young Lawyers’ Association (since 2016)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2016)
- Specialist Counsel Aleksander Tsuiman: Overview of Data Protection in Estonia
- COVID-19 in Estonia: Does the employer have the right to ask the employee for health information regarding COVID-19 infection?
- Baltic IP & IT Law News – October 2019
- Baltic IP & IT Law News - July 2019
- Baltic Employment Law News – November 2018
- COBALT advised Fortumo on selling its business to Boku
- COBALT advised Change Ventures on investment in fintech startup askRobin
- COBALT advised Luminor, Nordea and DNB on closing transaction with Blackstone
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling a major part of its business to Consolis
- COBALT advised Scope on acquiring lingerie brand Miss Mary of Sweden
- COBALT advises MCF Group Estonia on developing a data centre in Estonia
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised Luminor on EUR 1 billion majority stake acquisition by Blackstone
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling its business to Consolis Group
- COBALT advised Karma Ventures on investing in MeetFrank
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advises HHLA on acquiring Estonia’s biggest terminal operator Transiidikeskuse AS
- COBALT advised Ambient Sound Investment on sale of Ecofleet Holding
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advised BaltCap on sale of Magnetic MRO
- COBALT advised Change Ventures on investing in Festivality
- COBALT advised Ekspress Grupp on investment into Zlick LTD
- COBALT advised Karma Ventures on its investment in Minut, Inc
- COBALT advised BPM Capital on financing the investment of Tahe Outdoors
- COBALT advised on sale of MTG Baltic subsidiaries
- COBALT advises on ICO of Robot Vera
- COBALT advised Didi Chuxing on investment in Estonian-based transport app Taxify
- COBALT advised venture capital funds Creathor Venture and MTIP (MedTech Innovation Partners) in financing the Finnish startup Blueprint Genetics.
- COBALT advises Change Ventures on fund formation as well as on their first investments
- COBALT advises Karma Ventures on its investment in SpectX
- COBALT advises Karma Ventures on its investment in Plumbr
- COBALT advised the software company Reach-U (former name Regio) on division