COBALT in cooperation with the largest Lithuanian business daily Verslo žinios and professional services company EY invites to the conference on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting entitled “International tax system reform 2016: what Lithuanian businesses need to know” to discuss the international tax system reform.
On 5 October 2015, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) released its final report on all 15 focus areas in its Action Plan on BEPS that should trigger unprecedented changes in the field of international taxation. The European Union is strongly committed to implement the results of BEPS work and has already taken a number of respective decisions mandatory for each Member State.
As of 1 January 2017, a new requirement will be introduced for the automatic exchange of information on the bank accounts of clients (bank account balance) among the majority of the Member States. The conference will address the following questions:
- What taxation changes and challenges to anticipate in Lithuania?
- How should Lithuanian businesses be preparing for the new requirements?
- How is the approach to the international tax system reform different in traditional holding jurisdictions, such as the Netherlands or Estonia?
- How flexible can States be in implementing tax changes?
Speakers of the conference include:
- Michiel Beudeker, Tax adviser at the law firm Loyens & Loeff, the Netherlands
- Rokas Daugėla, Tax adviser at the law firm COBALT, Lithuania
- Leonas Lingis, Partner at professional services company EY, Lithuania
- Dr Klaus von Brocke, Partner at professional services company EY, the Netherlands
- Audronė Misiūnaitė, Head of Direct Taxes and International Taxation Division of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania
- Ranno Tingas, Partner at professional services company EY, Estonia
For more information please click on the link.
We look forward to seeing you!