A stable business environment, good infrastructure and predictability are the most important elements for business to thrive. For the reason, more and more companies from Belarus choose to relocate to Lithuania. The aim of the webinar is to provide an overview of the most important issues when transferring a business into Lithuania.
During the webinar the following topics will be discussed:
- Business environment in Lithuania
- Overview of the most common types of companies
- Company establishment process and management structure, requirements for management bodies
- Establishment and maintenance costs
- Transfer of employees
- Main differences between a business visa and a residence permit
- Obtaining a residence permit for shareholders and management
- Highly skilled employees vs. low skilled employees: main differences in obtaining a visa or permit
- Belarusian «side» of the relocation - what aspects have to be taken into the account before relocate from employment, tax, corporate, currency control and business perspectives
1. Jovita Valatkaitė is a Senior Associate at COBALT Lithuania. She has over 9 years’ experience of legal practice in the fields of Employment and Corporate law. Apart from advising on general employment law matters, Jovita provides advice on non-competition of employees, protection of confidential information as well as the EU social security system. She also has extensive experience in migration matters, including residence permits, work permits, secondments and transfers of employees. Jovita holds a diploma in French legal course, issued by Vilnius University in cooperation and Paris Ouest-Nanterre La Défence University. Prior to joining COBALT Jovita has been mostly dealing with French and Spanish speaking clients.
2. Dr Juozas Rimas is a Partner and the Head of the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Practice Group at COBALT Lithuania, specialising in the fields of M&A (Private Equity) and Corporate Law. Juozas Rimas holds a PhD in Law (2010), which he received from Vilnius University for a thesis on corporate law issues in private equity transactions. Dr Rimas has led over 30 M&A projects where he was in charge of structuring, due diligence, negotiations and general project management, as well as over 10 projects of corporate restructuring (including business transfer, merger and spin-off procedures).
3. Darya Zhuk is a Managing Partner at COBALT Belarus, with over 15 years of comprehensive experience in Transaction advisory, Investment activity & Privatization, Real Estate, Construction & Infrastructure. During her career Ms Zhuk has handled numerous notable cross-border and domestic projects. She has advised a broad range of international and local clients from such industries as wood-processing, agriculture, alternative energy, automobile, public-private partnership.
The webinar is free of charge and will be held in English.
You will be able to access the live broadcast by clicking on the following link: http://cobaltlive.zoomtv.lt/
IMPORTANT: You must register for the streaming link, as the webinar will only be available to registered participants: http://cobaltlive.zoomtv.lt/
Please be advised that the personal data provided in this form will be processed as set out in this Informational Notice >> https://bit.ly/2q3LM87. You should familiarise yourself with it before submitting your data.