Akvilė Bosaitė is a Partner and Co-Head of the Banking and Finance Practice Group. She has specialised in banking, finance, investment funds, project financing, restructuring of financing, securities and M&A for over fourteen years. Akvilė Bosaitė is a recommended expert in finance law by international law firm directories. She holds a Master’s degree in Law from Vilnius University and an LL.M. from Erasmus University, Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
During her legal practice, Akvilė Bosaitė has led a number of the largest financing, investment funds, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions projects both in Lithuania and foreign jurisdictions. She acted as an adviser in numerous banking-related assignments (including lending, refinancing and loan portfolio sale), one of the few initial public offerings of equity and debt securities in Lithuania, structuring and formation of various funds (including venture, seed and UCITS) and other finance law related projects.
- "Led by Akvilė Bosaitė, the Banking & Finance team excels in the full scope of banking matters, including handling high-profile banking industry transactions and litigation." (Legal 500, 2019)
- "Akvilė Bosaitė has received widespread recognition from market sources for her efficiency and availability. She has extensive experience in transactional and regulatory issues, and also advises clients on venture capital matters." (Chambers Europe 2019, Banking & Finance)
- "Banking team head Akvilė Bosaitė is a well-respected name on the market. "I think highly of her," one source says, adding: "She is smart and organised." (Chambers Europe 2016, Banking and finance)
- "Akvilė Bosaitė is excellent; very smart, efficient and proactive." (IFRL1000 2016)
- Lithuanian, English, Russian
- Haridus ja liikmelisus
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Postgraduate LLM in Business, Corporate and Maritime Law (specialisation Corporate Law) (2008)
- PhD studies at the Faculty of Law, Vilnius University (2004-to date)
- Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Master’s degree in Law (2004)
- European and Comparative Law studies at University of Gent, Belgium (2003)
- Member of the Lithuanian Bar (since 2009)