Finnish deskLue lisää suomeksi
Based on our long term experience in providing cross-border legal services in the Baltics, COBALT offers a specialized Finnish Desk targeted for inbound and outbound cross-border business relations between the Baltic States and Finland to facilitate trade and business relations over the Baltic Sea.
The main focus of the Finnish Desk is on inbound and outbound cross-border legal services between the Baltic States and Finland for:
- Finnish investors, entrepreneurs and companies with an interest on the Baltic States’ market;
- Baltic States’ investors, entrepreneurs and companies with an interest on the Finnish market.
Besides providing our clients access to the full range of COBALT’s high quality legal services in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Belarus in all key areas of business law and to our extensive global partner network, the Finnish Desk pools specialized know-how and experience of COBALT’s personnel to an efficient and an easily accessible form for persons involved in cross-border projects related to Finland.
COBALT’s Finnish Desk can act as your single point of contact and link over the Baltic Sea. We cooperate with Finland based selected long term strategic partners to fulfil your needs of Finnish-Baltics specific legal, language, geographical and cultural knowledge. This translates into tailored legal services which cut down initial adaptation time when operating simultaneously in more than one jurisdiction and the legal risks of operating under a foreign legislative framework.
We have established the Finnish Desk to help in creating an environment which allows for you to operate simultaneously in multiple jurisdictions with minimal legislative and cultural barriers.
COBALT has advised following projects:
- COBALT represented AS Toode, an Estonian roof manufacturer, in an acquisition of a Finnish company, JanLa Oy.
- Entry into a contract for Alexela Varahaldus and founding a joint enterprise for the construction of the Hamina liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Finland.
- Acquisition of the Finnish company Saaristomeren Kala OY by PRFoods (NASDAQ OMX).
- COBALT counselled Combimill upon acquisition of subsidiary of timber co-operative Metsä Group Eesti.
- COBALT counselled the sale of real estate website City24.
- Acquisition of Estonia's largest towing company PKL by Alfons Håkans, resulting in the creation of the biggest towing company in Finland and the Baltic countries.
- COBALT advised one of Europe’s leading suppliers of industrial coatings Teknos Group Oy on the acquisition of Kemiflora’s paints and coatings business.
- COBALT advised Patria OYJ, that is partly owned by the State of Finland, on acquiring a majority of the largest defence maintenance contractor in Estonian Milrem LCM OÜ.
- COBALT advised Korona Invest Fund in an investment to the digital agency Wunder. Wunder is an international full-service digital agency operating in Finland, UK, Germany, Estonia, and Latvia. The company focuses on online business and aims to increase its turnover many times over.
- COBALT advised venture capital funds Creathor Venture and MTIP (MedTech Innovation Partners) in financing the Finnish startup Blueprint Genetics, an internationally successful provider of clinical genetic testing for the diagnosis of inherited diseases. The start-up received a total of up to € 14 million from the financing round, which was led by new investors, while existing investors Inventure and Pontos Group were participating as well.
- COBALT advised Santa Monica Networks Group on sale of its Estonian and Finnish subsidiaries to telecommunications company Elisa Corporation and Latvian and Lithuanian subsidiaries to Livonia Partners.
- COBALT advised the management of Sanoma Baltics AS on acquisition of Sanoma Baltics AS together with Baltic private equity house BaltCap from Sanoma Media Finland OY. Sanoma Baltics operates classified portals auto24.ee, veetehnika.ee, rasketehnika.ee, mototehnika.ee and kuldnebors.ee.
- COBALT advised DAVA Agravis Machinery Holding A/S, a company of the Danish Agro a.m.b.a. group on acquisition of 45% of shares in three Baltic subsidiaries of Konekesko Oy selling agricultural machinery.
- COBALT advised NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Exchange-listed Affecto Plc on the sale of its Estonian subsidiary Affecto Estonia to the subsidiary’s acting members of staff.
- COBALT counselled the acquisition of Betonimestarit-Group by AS TMB, a major manufacturer of pre-cast reinforced concrete elements. This is the largest merger and acquisition transaction of an Estonian company in the Finnish market since the one involving Tallink and Silja Line.