Karli advises and represents clients mainly in the field of tax law. He has extensive experience in advising clients in both domestic and international taxation matters, taxation planning with respect to transactions, as well as tax proceedings.
Karli’s experience also includes advising clients in corporate law matters and his competence in commercial and corporate law allows him to provide tax-efficient solutions for restructuring companies. Karli represents clients in administrative court proceedings related to the resolution of tax disputes and in civil court proceedings in disputes related to corporate law.
His area of research is the imposition of value added tax on electronic commerce and digitally supplied services. Karli has supplemented his knowledge through education programmes of the U.S. Department of State and gives lectures in business and tax law.
Karli has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2014.
- Tax – Rising Star, Legal 500 2020
- Estonian, English
- Education & membership
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2014)
- Bachelor of Science in Physics (B.Sc.), second major - Law, University of Tartu, Estonia (2012)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) (since 2015)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2014)
- Member of the professional suitability assessment committee of Estonian Bar Association (2020)
- COVID-19 in Estonia: The coronavirus in employment relations & taxes - April update
- COVID-19 in Estonia: The coronavirus in employment relations & taxes - March 20 update
- COVID-19 in Estonia: Requesting payment of tax arrears in instalments is still important
- When is it justified to provide management or consultation services through companies?
- Mandatory book inventory of tax exemptions and tax reductions of companies
- Binding preliminary decision helps to hedge tax risks related to transactions
- Latest guidelines of Estonian Supreme Court for making a liability decision to company’s management board members
- COBALT advised Steel Import Finland Oy on acquiring FinEst Metallid
- COBALT advised Luminor, Nordea and DNB on closing transaction with Blackstone
- COBALT advised Luminor on cross-border merger
- COBALT advised Pirita Tee Development OÜ on the sale of Kadrioru Ärikeskus in Tallinn to EfTEN
- COBALT advised Luminor on obtaining ECB approval for cross-border merger in the Baltics
- COBALT advises Luminor on reorganising its management structure
- COBALT advised AS Gildhall on sale of Marienthal commercial centre in Tallinn
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advises the sale of successful start-up Teleport